Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is made between Beach Life Vacation Rentals, LLC (BLVR) on its own and on behalf of and as agent to Owner, and Guest(s)
1. Booking Deposits: We require a deposit of 25% of the rental fee at time of booking. We accept Visa, MC and Discover or a check for deposits. A credit card must be on file to secure your reservation. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival require payment in full at booking.
2. Damage Deposit: As a part of your stay, we offer a Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy. The Vacation Rental Damage can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Beach Life Vacation Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Beach Life Vacation Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment; a security deposit of $1,000 will be required.
3. Final Payment: Your balance is due 30 days PRIOR to your arrival. If your payment is not received before your arrival date, we reserve the right to charge your credit card on file for any unpaid amounts and will result in additional fees to the guest.
4. Sales Tax: Charges are subject to 12% Sales Tax. Florida State Sales Tax (7%) and Manatee County Tourist Tax (5%)
5. Reservation Fee: Each reservation requires a taxable $85.00 non-refundable reservation booking fee.
6. Occupancy and Parking: Please note that your rental unit has a maximum occupancy and if the occupancy of the rental exceeds our limitations it may result in immediate eviction and loss of all unused rents. Anna Maria Island has limited parking and your property has a maximum # of vehicles allowed. Parking on the street is strictly prohibited. Please check with us if you need additional parking and we will try to assist you. We do have a free Trolley service on the island, and we encourage you to use the trolley for your convenience and to reduce traffic on the island in busy seasons.
7. Gatherings: Large gatherings are not permitted on the premises without prior approval.
8. Amenities: The property reflects the tastes of the owners. We do our best to accurately describe each unit but cannot be held responsible if guests are dissatisfied with the accommodations. Some property's might provide bikes, kayaks or other recreational equipment. Guests use will be at their own risk if this is an included amenity; and in no event shall the guest hold BLVR or the Owner responsible for personal injuries or personal damages incurred. Guests will be responsible for repairs on amentiies due to guests neglect.
9. Internet Service: Due to personal computer configurations, we can only guarantee the service will be provided, but we do not have the expertise to configure your computer. No refunds will be given if you are unable to use this service.
10. Telephone Charges: Free local and US long distance service is included.
11. Smoking: Smoking is prohibited at all properties. Any signs of residual smoke, guests will incur additional cleaning and purifying charges.
12. Cleaning: If a property requires more than the standard cleaning or there is more than departure day laundry which includes sheets and 1 day’s towels, an extra fee will be charged to your credit card on file.
13. Cancellations: No credit is given in case of early departure, no-shows, or inclement weather. No subletting or assignment by the guest. All fees collected will NOT be returned upon cancellation unless the rental unit is re-rented for the entire period. If the unit is rented all fees collected will be refunded minus $150 service fee. ONLY in the event of a ban on travel due to COVID-19 – guests will be eligible for a refund or move their dates out at the same property.
14. Hurricane Policy: June through November is hurricane season. We are not required to rebate rent in the event of a voluntary evacuation. We will refund unoccupied rent in the event of a government ordered Mandatory evacuation.
15. Keys and Remote Controls: There is a $30.00 Recovery fee charged for each key not left in the unit on day of departure and a $100 fee for any garage door remote control not left in the unit on departure.
16. Pets: If you are bringing an approved pet we must be notified at time of reservation and a taxable $150 non-refundable pet fee will apply. If a pet is in a property where it is not allowed, this will cause forfeiture of all payments, and you will be asked to vacate the property immediately. We will attempt to relocate you to a pet friendly unit. You will be responsible for all costs with returning the rental property to its original condition and any additional charges for relocation and pet fees. Pets are not allowed on any beaches on Anna Maria Island although we do have a Dog Park and there is a dog friendly beach on Palma Sola Causeway just 5 minutes from the island. Please keep your pet on a leash at all times, pick up and dispose your pets waste properly.
17. Vehicles: RV’s, boats, trucks, trailers etc. are NOT PERMITTED without prior approval as parking is limited.
Items left in Unit: If you request items left behind to be mailed it will be at the expense of the guest for all charges.
18. Noise Policy: The home that you are renting is most likely next door to a permanent resident of the island. Please respect their privacy and consider their right to quiet through-out your stay. Please be aware there is a 10:00 PM Noise Ordnance that is strictly enforced. Excessive noise at any time of day is not tolerated by the local officials. Outdoor lights must also be extinguished by 10:00 PM other than those illuminating walkways to the entrance of the property. Underage drinking is prohibited at all our rentals.
19. Emergencies: For all after-hours emergencies please call 941-465-6812. This phone is only monitored after normal business hours (9:00pm to 9:00am) and is strictly for emergency calls. Please call our normal business number (941-795-7820) and leave a message for all non-emergency issues.
20. Wildlife: Do not disturb or invade the nesting places of our island shorebirds. Do not remove more than 2 of any living species from the water except legal fish to eat. Turtle Season is May 1st to October 31st. Please do not touch turtles or disturb their nests. Artificial lights that can be seen from the nesting beaches can disorient hatchlings and turn them towards the roads and traffic instead of following the natural moonlight to the water. Please turn off any lights that can be seen from the beaches and do not leave trash, chairs or any obstacles on the beach overnight as this may cause the mother turtles to return to the sea without laying her eggs. Fill all holes that you have created and yes, you must take down those wonderful sandcastles you have built! If you would like more information, please visit http://islandturtlewatch.com/
21. Pools and Spas: Pools are heated to 82 degrees. We are not responsible for pool or spa malfunctions. No credit, discount and/or rate adjustment can be granted for circumstances beyond our control. There will be days when the weather conditions will not allow pool heaters to accommodate swimming, and temperature recovery times will vary. Pool heaters will not operate and will automatically shut down if outside temperatures get too cold. Guests should not expect hot tub like temperatures for pool or spas.
22. Maintenance: In the event of equipment malfunction we will expedite repairs as quickly as possible. Maintenance items should be reported as soon as possible. Should a repair service make a call to a property and find the equipment is not in working order due to guest misuse, oversight or neglect, the fee for the service will be charged to the guest. If a service call was initiated by the guest and we find the equipment to be operating properly, the guest will be charged for the service call. No rent adjustments can be made for circumstances beyond our control or for malfunction or loss of use of equipment or amenities. Guest agrees to allow access to the property to make necessary repairs or improvements.
23. Substitution of Accommodations: In the event a unit is unavailable due to a disaster beyond our control, we reserve the right to substitute a property. We shall not be liable should a unit not be available, whereby monies paid shall be refunded.
24. Properties For Sale: If the property is for sale, it may be necessary to show the property during your stay. You will be given 24-hour notice and every attempt to schedule the showing at a convenient time for the guest will be made.
25. Indemnity: Guest expressly indemnifies BLVR and the Owner from any, and all liability, loss, damage and expense, including attorney fees and disbursements arising from any injury to persons or property on or about the rental property during the course of your stay and will defend and indemnify them against any suit or claim resulting therefrom. You are also responsible for any damage to the property, or its contents, as well as the lawn, plants and plantings on or about the property from any cause whatsoever except acts of god, and your credit card will be charged for the cost to repair or replace such damaged property. As used in this Agreement, the term “Guest” means the person signing this agreement and listed as a Guest on this Agreement as well, any person staying at the rental property or invited thereon by a Guest.
26. Waiver: To the fullest extent permitted by the Law of the State of Florida, the Guest and any invitees to the rental property expressly waive any right to bring an action, claim or lawsuit against BLVR or the Owner resulting from any bodily or other injury sustained by Guest, Guest’s family members, children, visitors or invitees as a result of any cause whatsoever, and Guest, its family, children, visitors or invitees assume the risks associated with the use of the property including but not limited to the pool, the stairs, the dock, and the canal, the parking area, and any equipment on the property. The guest agrees to reimburse owner for any fine or penalty which may be imposed upon owner by reason of any violation upon the premises.
27. Damages: In no event, shall BLVR or the Owner be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, whether or not Foreseeable and however arising, including, without limitation, monetary damages, lost income or lost revenue, whether based in contract, equity, tort, statute, strict liability or any other theory. That notwithstanding, any damages payable by BLVR or Owner are expressly limited to the amount paid by the guest under this agreement.
28. Violations: Any violation of this Agreement by the Guest(s) shall also subject Guest(s)’reservation to being cancelled at any time up to including after or during occupancy. At the expiration of the rental term or such earlier termination thereof by BLVR in writing, Guests agree to vacate the premises. Any continuation of residency in the premises beyond the expiration of this agreement or its earlier termination shall be deemed trespassing and subject the Guest to such civil and criminal remedies that exist in the law. This Agreement is enforceable by BLVR or Owner.
29. Legal Action: This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of Florida and any disputes or legal action hereunder must be brought in the Courts of the State of Florida in Manatee County; Guests and all parties to this Agreement hereby subject themselves, accept and consent to the jurisdiction of the State of Florida and service of process by mail for purposes of any suit or legal action arising from this Agreement, the rental of the property or any related matter or thing whatsoever.
By signing this agreement, you guarantee that you are 25 years of age or older or you have notified agent of your age and you have received a written waiver for your age.